discuss: front page edited, need review :-)

Subject: Re: [discuss] front page edited, need review :-)
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 21 Oct 2008 13:29:30 +0100

Steven a écrit :
> Suggestions:

given it's the home page, discussing here seems to me a good idea (for
more than typos/syntax editing).

> - The Linux Documentation Project web site + The Linux
> Documentation Project [redundancy]

I changed web site to "wiki" (there are two web sites)

> - The Linux Documentation Project - LDP for short, or tldp + The
> Linux Documentation Project - LDP for short, or TLDP -
> [consistency]

don't think so. LDP are name initials, tldp is a domain name (always
low case) but?

> - is the wiki + is the Wiki [When used specifically to reference
> the LDP Wiki, the term is capitalized.

why? should we? I have no particular opinion on the subject. We have
to choose and then add consistency. Where is capitalization necessary
and where is it not?

 Also, for consistency with
> "HOWTO" and "Guides". Perhaps "HOWTO"s should be "How-tos".

AFAIK, HOWTO is usually written capitalized. Don't know why :-)

> are generally submitted in either of the two mark-up languages,
> Linuxdoc and Docbook.

wrong. documents can be (now) submitted through the wiki.

> We should
> probably add links to "Linuxdoc" and "Docbook".

for this, yes, a link is often a good idea, but to what link?
wikipedia? LDP doc? and the wiki add an icon in front of links wich
disturb reading IMHO if there are too many.

> - Be warned however that docs on the wiki may still be under
> elaboration and so not yet fully accurate. + Be aware , however,
> that the LDP Wiki is in development, and may contain inaccuracies.

this sentence may need rewriting, but is necessary to say that the
documents are preliminary, not the wiki as itself (it is now, but
hopefully for only a short period now)

> committed people to be responsible for web pages.

LDP documents have to be more than web pages, but we also have not to
make the home page too big

thank for suggestions

jdd
NB: I already changed some parts accordingly

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org