discuss: HowToForge

Subject: Re: [discuss] HowToForge
From: Sean Peterson ####@####.####
Date: 31 Jul 2008 05:26:42 +0100

Thank you for your answer, Rick.

I asked my "rather bizarre" question, because an outsider either a
potential contributor or reader might do just so or even ask more
bizarre questions, like:

1. which repository can I trust more, TLDP or HowtoForge?
2. which repository tends holds most recent information?
3. which repository tends to have higher quality/reliability?

How TLDP wants to differentiate itself (in the public's view) has
relevance for choosing a platform (wikidocs, wikibooks, knowledgeTree,
etc) which supports that effort through specific features and controls.
Might be a useful, although a totally bizarre idea, to do a comparison
table showing TLDP, howtoforge and other repositories and identify the
more salient and critical differences.

If this type of analysis has already been done, then just point me in
the direction of that doc (whatever its format) and I'll read it,
because the FAQ at http://www.tldp.org/FAQ/LDP-FAQ/ doesn't have much.

In fact, the LDP faq is a good candidate for replacement with phpmyfaq,
which allows readers to rate articles, thereby giving some idea of how
useful the information was. But that is another issue and it seems our
plate is already full.

-Sean.

--
Jesus said to Peter "Who do men say that I am?" Peter said to Jesus "Thou art the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being." Jesus said to Peter "You what?"

I'll be here the whole week. Tip your waitress. Try the veal. You've been a great audience! Goodnight everybody....