discuss: Migration process of the existing documents to Wiki

Subject: Re: [discuss] Migration process of the existing documents to Wiki
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jul 2008 07:45:22 +0100

####@####.#### a écrit :
> It shouldn't be a responsibility of the TLDP to provide anything than
> the place for the information and mailing list.

provising place to keep documentation is nowaday done in any places,
and we don't need an other one.

originally, the tldp hosted documentation in a format allowing easy
backend for static multiformat diffusion

don't forget many people in the world don't have internet access (or
low band access) and need doc on cd or paper

did the ldp fulfill correctly this goal is an other story. it probably
did until 2003/2004 and may be after

http://tldp.org/history.html

but of course it have to renovate.

the manifesto

http://tldp.org/manifesto.html

is the basis.

docbook/linuxdoc have one essential advantage, wich is often seen as a
drawback :-(: it enforces structure.

a good document *must* have a structure. This is not easy to achieve,
but is necessary as long as one hope the document to be maintained,
translated, reviewed... we all know wikipedia is not a model in this
respect

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net