discuss: Migration process of the existing documents to Wiki

Subject: Re: [discuss] Migration process of the existing documents to Wiki
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 22 Jul 2008 17:46:04 +0100

Quoting Frank Lichtenheld ####@####.####

> Just in case someone finds it useful, for the Debian LDP package I have
> a license overview at http://pkg-doc-linux.alioth.debian.org/

Frank, I do respect your work, but just for clarification:  Are those
licence classifications your opinions as Debian LDP package maintainer?
That would be a (functionally) important opinion, but I'm just hoping
people realise that there is no such thing as a canonical list of
DFSG-free licences, only a bunch of Web pages posted by various
Debian-related people, some of them posting to debian-legal and some
not, that do not in any way speak for the Debian Project as a whole (but
are often misread as being such -- including by other Debian maintainers).

In my own view, I think a number of legitimately DFSG-free licences have
been wrongly classified as non-free by certain vocal debian-legal
posters, e.g., by people on debian-legal who did not correctly read and
interpret the trademark licensing clause in CC Attribution-ShareAlike
2.0, when that was discussed on that mailing list.