discuss: tldp owners

Subject: tldp owners
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jul 2008 08:11:03 +0100

before any important chage in the tldp style of working ("migration"),
I think we have to have a decision model. At present, I'm speaking and
Robert too, but nor him nor I have any special right to speak for the ldp.

who own the tldp? at present, the domain tldp.org is still owned by
Guylhem aznar, I don't even know who own the hardware the tldp is on
(except ibiblio)

I don't feel really in charge of deciding what the tldp must be/do

tldp was a "unformal" organisation, so may be some of the present
problems. should we have some sort of board? designated how? who must,
decide what to do, a the very moment something have to be done in the
tldp name?

I remember the time RMS was writing here, should we ask him? Guylhem
was three years ago the people who arbitrate debates.

I know this must not delay us too more, but it have to be addressed.
The authors did give documents to an organisation they trust and they
must still trust it.

I think there are many old timer here, what do they think? It's very
important that they say stop or go...

David? sergius? people of this list http://tldp.org/vlist.html should
at least be consulted

thanks