discuss: Hosting of the TLDP Wiki

Subject: Re: [discuss] Hosting of the TLDP Wiki
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jul 2008 08:01:32 +0100

Robert Spencer a écrit :

> ibiblio only hosts the main site and archives, the CVS, lists and wiki
> are on an old PC that's the end of it's useful life.

do you know where is this old pc hosted? if it's done out of ibiblio,
it may in fact be *very* old :-)

could you summarise a little more what you can allow to the tldp
(processor, ram, disk - or is that variable)?

I still think your hosting could easily hold the 'hidden' work of the
tldp (cvs, scripts...), keeping the high bandwith and visible part to
ibiblio (wiki?)

however, there will always be a "owner" problem. who own the tldp? at
present, the domain tldp.org is still owned by Guylhem aznar, I don't
even know who own the hardware the tldp is on (except ibiblio)

I don't feel really in charge of deciding what the tldp must be/do

tldp was a "unformal" organisation, so may be some of the present
problems. should we have some sort of board? designated how?

I know this must not delay us too more, but it have to be addressed.
The authors did give documents to an organisation they trust and they
must still trust it.

I will open an other thread.

jdd

--