discuss: staff situation

Subject: Re: [discuss] staff situation
From: "Svetoslav P. Chukov" ####@####.####
Date: 29 May 2008 11:50:34 +0100

  - authors, available authors, unavailable authors
  We assume not available authors.

  - editors,
  We assume not available editors;

  technical situation.
  - document formats
    -- DocBook. Any other formats?

  - web pages need regular support and update
    -- tldp.org
    -- http://tldp.org/docs.html#howto
    -- http://tldp.org/guides.html
    -- http://tldp.org/docs.html#faq
    -- http://tldp.org/docs.html#man
    -- http://tldp.org/docs.html#lg
    -- http://tldp.org/vlist.html
    -- http://tldp.org/ldpwn/latest.html

  - other software available at LDP.
  Authorized users please fill in this field.

  - hardware, internet, hositng
  Hosting at iBiblio

  - hardware needs support
  Authorized users please fill in this field.

  - internet and bandwidth
  iBiblio
  - mirrors
  -- http://tldp.org/mirrors.html

SUMMARY:
  At this point TLDP has some web pages that need to be regurly updated.
  So, for now we could focus on that to create a regular process that will
update that pages.
  The 2 main things need support are the mirrors page and the web pages need
regular update.
  So, instead to make just a temporary effort to make them accurate for now
we could think
  how to make them accurate in large amount of time in the future. We have
lack of resources and volunteers,
  so the update process probably is good to be automated as much as
possible. If it is minimal efforts for one then it is much possible this one
to update that pages in time.
  So, we should build stable ground on that all our future work will be
based. Without that ground all our efforts are just temporary and when the
time pass the work becomes outdated again.