discuss: staff situation

Subject: Re: [discuss] staff situation
From: "Svetoslav P. Chukov" ####@####.####
Date: 28 May 2008 08:09:32 +0100

LDP needs to recalculate all the available resources not just the staff
members. It is good to know what we have and what we have not. Everything
from the basic documents to the staff. So, I would suggest a general
counting to give us an idea for the real situation. So, a report about:
  - how many documents
  - howtos, tutorials
  - authors, available authors, unavailable authors
  - editors,
  - other staff members

  technical situation.
  - document formats
  - web pages
  - wikis
  - other software available at LDP.
  - hardware
  - hardware needs support
  - other hardware
  - internet and bandwidth
  - servers
  - mirrors
  - bills

A basic report about that will show the current situation and then the LDP
available members could take some appropriate decisions. After that we could
start repairing LDP.
To be easier I would suggest to assume all the authors are unavailable
because most of the documents are old and probably many of the authors even
do not remember them.

Svetoslav P. Chukov