discuss: How to get volunteers (was: LDP In Progress)

Subject: Re: [discuss] How to get volunteers (was: LDP In Progress)
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 16 May 2008 07:49:38 +0100

Quoting David Lawyer ####@####.####

> Since we are very short-handed, I don't think we are following the
> Author Guide very closely.

I mostly didn't want to either (1) step on another volunteer's toes, or
(2) accidentally copyedit an obsolete revision that's about to be
replaced.  (In absence of a more formal way of checking stuff out, I
figure the smart thing is to ask if anyone else is working on it.)

> But the topic of this post was supposed to be how to get volunteers.
> As some of you may know, I put forth the idea of incorporating
> (perhaps under the umbrella of an organization already incorporated
> that is set up for this).  Then we could list volunteer openings under
> "computers" on "Volunteer Match" and perhaps get people to volunteer
> who have lots of free time, since people looking on the Internet for
> volunteer positions likely have time for volunteering.

I certainly didn't want to discourage you in this initiative.  My
_personal_ guess is that it would have slim to no benefits, but that's
mostly a hunch and I'd be delighted to be mistaken.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to pitch in.  If someone knows if any
documents other than LPI Certification Self-Study Guide need English
language review, please just point me!  I'll be done with that piece
pretty soon.