discuss: LDP In Progress

Subject: Re: [discuss] LDP In Progress
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 15 May 2008 23:12:49 +0100

Quoting k stenerud ####@####.####

> Is this right?
>
> On http://tldp.org/authors/inprogress.html it says:  Last updated: March 4,
> 2005

I can't address that, but was intending to mention here, anyway:  I've
tried to offer help, and the ####@####.#### ezmlm list (where I
sent details) insisted I couldn't post because ####@####.#### is
not subscribed.  So (while scratching my head because I could swear I
was subscribed), I sent mail to ####@####.#### (again),
and then was informed I was already a member!

Anyway, here's what I was trying to say to Tille late last night (my
time):

 Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 00:50:36 -0700
 From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
 To: ####@####.####
 Subject: Re: [discuss] LDP Process (was: Software-RAID-HOWTO)

[Moved from discuss to editors]

Quoting Machtelt Garrels ####@####.####

> I did not keep the review stuff up to date, because I have virtually
> no editors to help me, so stuff gets reviewed if I have a little time,
> which is nearly never, and in a very subjective way.

I can handle the copyediting part of it, on an ongoing basis, going
forward.  (I'm already the main copyeditor for _Linux Gazette_, and it's
something I do well and pretty quickly.  I don't _always_ have time, but
mostly I do.)

Looking at http://www.tldp.org/authors/inprogress.html, which I must
sheepishly admit I haven't glanced at for a while, it looks like David
Horton's "LPI Certification Self-Study Guide" is ready for copyediting
-- and it's not clear to me that any of the rest of them are.  Is that
correct?  If you can confirm, I'll be glad to do English-usage / grammar
/ spelling / punctuation checks on it right away.  (That's the "language
review" stage per
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LDP-Reviewer-HOWTO/languagereview.html  ;->  )

FYI, it's not a big thing, but it turns out that Horton has moved his
draft to a new URL, http://www.happy-monkey.net/LPI/html/ .  (The old
URL, shown on http://www.tldp.org/authors/inprogress.html, redirects to
the new one.)