discuss: Test--why did I get a "bounce" message from majordomo@vpnc.org?

Subject: Re: [discuss] Test--why did I get a "bounce" message from majordomo@vpnc.org?
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 6 Nov 2007 05:02:55 +0000

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 02:39:23PM -0800, David Lawyer wrote:
> But this is from ####@####.####  It's the list server at
> vpnc.org and this server seems to be effectively subscribed to our
> mailing list.  Since it's hard to directly subscribe a list server to

I should have said "majordomo" instead of "list server".  Majordomo is
the list server manager while the "list server" that I wrote above
could be construed as the computer that handles the mailing list.

An interesting result: I sent a couple of inquiries to this Majordomo
from my PC and also went to the vpnc.org site.  Per Majordomo they
have no mailing lists and per the site they had an IPsec list but gave
it up.  I tried "info IPsec" to Majordomo and they report no such
list.  So there may be no mailing lists there which means no one
checks logs for errors, etc.  vpnc is Virtual Private Network
Consortium which I think is legit.  If there are no lists there, I
could ask them to shut it down which would fix the problem.