discuss: Licensing on the wearable howto

Subject: Re: [discuss] Licensing on the wearable howto
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 14 Dec 2006 06:05:53 -0000

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 03:49:59AM +0900, Alex Nordstrom wrote:
> For lazy readers: The entire licence may be void. My layman
> recommendation is to cease distributing the document until the author
> agrees on less ambiguous licensing terms.

I would suggest that we keep distributing it until we either can
locate the author (and get him to fix it), or until a replacement is
obtained.  Since the author sent it to us with a license that allows
distribution, and should have known that we distribute docs sent to
us, I think it's OK to keep distributing it.  The very fact that he
licensed it under GFDL implies that the author allows it to be
distributed.

However, it seems to me that it shouldn't be modified, as that was the
author's intention.  So one can read this and other docs about the
subject and then write a new howto from scratch.  It's not allowed to
just paraphrase the existing doc.