discuss: Re: A new volunteer

Subject: Re: [discuss] A new volunteer
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 12 Dec 2006 14:56:18 -0000

Brian White a écrit :

>> In that case something like wikini, with writing on pages restricted
>> to the owner and free comment open to all (and not modifiable after
>> that) could be a better solution.
>
> It's only a better solution if the author does maintenence, but that's
> part of the problem being fought right now.

n. Let's explain

I created one page for LDP use here:

http://formation.jdd.free.fr/wikini/wakka.php?wiki=LaPageduLdp

you can make whatever you want here, I don't care, this wiki
is no more in use for me :-).

As you may see, the page can be modifyed by anybody, but
this can be easily changed to closed.

Any body can save a comment, so if this comment is a fix,
anybody can also see the comment and so the fix.

The author can see this if he come around. he can them fix
the main text or let it as is, waiting for a major update.
Once updated, he can add a comment saying "all the previous
comment included in the main page"

any comment is signed.

of course this is only one of the solutions, may be not the
best.

Wikini is a very well known wiki, with a very good
documentation and simple syntax (much more wiki style than
mediawiki). It is so stable than a major french ISP/web
provider (Free) provide it by default.

this wiki is two years old, I never had vandalism on it. The
fact that erasing the comments is difficult is sometimes a
problem, when offending comments are written, but is
probably not so to be expected on LDP, I hope :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO