discuss: failure of message to make it to list

Subject: Re: [discuss] failure of message to make it to list
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 4 Dec 2006 05:47:08 -0000

Machtelt Garrels is working on this.  I looks like our listmaster
can't be located to fix this so Machtelt plans to do it herself.
Somehow, sites that are automatic responders have gotten subscribed to
our mailing list.  It's likely due to abuse.  The auto-responders get
a copy of each message sent to the list and since there's a certain
format for requests sent to auto-responders and a normal email message
makes no sense to the responder, the message gets bounced back to the
original sender.

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 02:11:53AM -0800, Jeff Waddell wrote:
> I just sent a message to this list a few hours ago, only to have it rejected
> by two different mailing list managers (one at vpnc.org and the other a
> linuxusb list).
If you had read over why it was rejected, you might have been able to
understand what was happening.