discuss: Removing Roadblocks to LDP Authoring

Subject: Re: [discuss] Removing Roadblocks to LDP Authoring
From: ####@####.#### (Andrew M.A. Cater)
Date: 2 Dec 2006 05:04:34 -0000

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 09:01:49AM +0100, jdd wrote:
> Andrew M.A. Cater a écrit :
>
> >The first suggestion below is serious and has no smiley
> >
> >Just drop linuxdoc.
>
> technically, the LDP lacks an universal editor. I mean a
> docbook editor suitable for anybody.
>
> there where none two days ago, and I'm not aware of any now,
> do you know one?

Docbook Linux editor into Google gave me:

Emacs, Vim, Vex, Conglomerate, Lyx - as a start. Emacs and Lyx will do
XML/SGML. A proprietary oxygenxml looks reasonable. Quanta from KDE
comes recommended.

> if there is still none, linuxdoc is much more writable with
> a basic editor than docbook (this is a nightmare)

It's all markup of a text which you have to proof-read and edit anyway.
Perhaps we need to look again at what we're doing.

Andy