discuss: editors dead?

Subject: Re: [discuss] editors dead?
From: "Svetoslav P. Chukov" ####@####.####
Date: 28 Nov 2006 14:04:31 -0000

> On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Brian White wrote:
>
>> > Proposals to tackle this situation are welcome.
>>
>> Perhaps some can be made more collaborative with the community
>> monitoring and updating them.  The Linux Wiki is doing fairly well.
>>
>> 	http://linuxwiki.riverworth.com/
>>
>> I'm working to moving it to a proper hosting certer with 50GB of disk
>> space available for articles.
>
> The subject of using a wiki comes up every now and then.  And while I am
> in favour of getting us one, there are two major problems:
>
> - - We lack commitment from volunteers to admin the wiki and to "wikify"
> our
> existing collection and to keep on maintaining it;
> - - We are limited to the applications supported by our host, iBiblio.
>
> Tille.

The LinuxWiki on linuxwiki.riverworth.com could be the main TLDP wiki.
Only a link to the page is needed.

The advantages:
- Linux wiki make the review process faster. (the review is the bottleneck
now at the TLDP)
- It is public available.
- It can be easy managed.

The main disadvantage that i see is the quality of the documents.
But the Wiki could host the amateur documentation but the serious
documentations will still be the TLDP HOWTOs.

The main difference is that the HOWTOs are reviewed and verified but the
Wiki is public available.
I think the documentation on Wiki will increase its amount every day.
So, LinuxWiki is good idea for the first level of HOWTO publishing...

Regards,
Svetoslav P. Chukov