discuss: The dd command

Subject: The dd command
From: Tom Kayser ####@####.####
Date: 22 Nov 2006 05:33:08 -0000

I'm not sure who maintains the dd documentation on tldp.  I have had several
requests to put one of my forum posts, a post about the dd command, on
tldp.org.  It is about a 20,000 word document with never before discovered
uses for dd, along with some conventional uses.  This forum post, on
linuxquestions.org received over 38,000 hits in the first year it was posted.
Currently it gets about 200 hits a day, from all over the world.  It is one
of the most read linux documents on the internet.  I think the best approach
would be for the maintainer of the dd documentation to add a link to the
original post on linuxquestions.org

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=362506

As an added reference
--