discuss: About a howto document

Subject: Re: [discuss] About a howto document
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 21 Nov 2006 21:07:24 -0000

Svetoslav P. Chukov wrote:

> Here is the address of the howto document. :
> http://linuxwiki.riverworth.com/index.php/Socket_Programming
>
> Suggestion, corrections and any advice are very welcome.

I don't have the necessary qualifications to comment on the technical
aspects of the document but on the formal side I would recommend adding an
abstract that in 5 lines or so sums up what the document is about.

The Introduction chapter seems to be empty.

The sentence "BUT the receiving buffer must larger +1 character than the
sent data" seems a little unwieldy, I guess you mean to state that the
receiving buffer must be 1 character larger than the sent data. However the
word "character" is ambiguous, do you mean 8 bit char? Unicode characters
can be 16 bit wide.

For the distribution framework of the project we require the document to be
in LinuxDoc SGML or DocBook. The former is simple and easy to learn, while
DocBook is larger, has more features but is more complicated. To get
started with LinuxDoc you could try the HOWTO Generator at
	http://www.nyx.net/~sgjoen/The_LDP_HOWTO_Generator_ng.html

Initial submission can also be converted by a volunteer but I am not sure
we have any at the moment, anyone else knows what the status is in that
department?

Summing up I think the document is interesting for inclusion as it is but
needs only minor formal changes that I can see.

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen