discuss: process scheduler article for review

Subject: Re: [discuss] process scheduler article for review
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 17 Nov 2006 21:38:38 -0000

Rohit Agarwal wrote:

> Hi All,I have written an article on \"Process Scheduler for kernel 2.6.x\".In this article I have tried to explain the basic concepts behind the scheduler for e.g. timeslice calculation, dynamic priority, interactive tasks etc.I wanted to get the article published, so kindly review the article and give me some feedback.I have already formatted the article using docbook. The article is available at

http://www.geocities.com/rohdimp24/article.zip

I think it looks interesting. However it is more of an overview than a
HOWTO, I think information on tuning might be interesting and also more in
line with the intentions of HOWTOs.

I am by no means an expert but I have seen discussions on the effect of
changing HZ and the default values for the different kernel versions and
architecture, would a comment on that be relevant here?

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen