discuss: part of the review?

Subject: Re: part of the review?
From: "John Peter Tapsell <John Tapsell" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Jul 2001 07:17:14 -0000

Okay this is totally offtopic.. I'm just going to tell you what I do,
and let someone else draw any simularities since i still don't fully understand
this whole linuxdoc/docbook thing..

In the medical field, hundreds of different ways of storing diseases and drugs
etc has sprung up.  Everyone seems to use their own coding scheme.  Doctors
and GP's still misclass a lot of things, and in some coding schemes, for an
example, skin is part of a body, and in others, skin is a layer of a body.. etc.
Not a very good example, but I don't want to fall into technical jargon ;)

I spend most of my time writing tools to get all these stupid coding schemes
together.
In particular, we have developed an.. intermediate representation, a coding
scheme which uses formal logic to describe everything.  Then we throw the
formal logic through a machine, and it sorts out how the structure would look
like..  We can also get it to spit a natural language representation, which i
then take, and attempt to map to various coding schemes, in an attempt to unify
all the coding schemes down to this one formal logic represented coding scheme..

(Check http://130.88.226.47  for a pretty picture ;)  btw, its kinda GPL, but
er my boss doesn't know it yet *grin*)

I'm hoping someone can read between what I'm trying to say and tie it in
somehow heh. ;)

JohnFlux

--
"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too
young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or