discuss: TARPL news 2006 week 34

Subject: TARPL news 2006 week 34
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 1 Oct 2006 18:43:36 -0000

Hello,

It has been quiet from me for a while but things have been happening
nevertheless. A while ago I made the HOWTO Generator a bit more Web 2.0
compliant by adding a del.icio.us link, and with the bait out it was a
question of relaxed fishing by waiting. And today it certainly bit.

I check my hit statistics frequently and today the hits for the Generator
rose from a normal 20 per day to 1100 (and still rising). A quick check
shows it was linked to from
  http://nongeeksight.blogspot.com/2006/09/how-to-write-good-howto.html
according to the 600 hits (and rising).

Secondaries are generated from http://del.licio.us/popular (200 hits)
and http://diggdot.us/ (50 hits).

Additionally hits come from a lot of other places including
br-linux.org, google/reader, popurls.com, buzzoriginalsignals.com
as well as what looks like RSS feed aggregators.

In short: fun.

It seems then that adding del.icio.us links to all documents might be
useful to our readers as well a way to regain some exposure.

Any thoughts?

>     http://www.nyx.net/~sgjoen/tarpl.html

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen