discuss: received a phishing email, maybe tldp list related

Subject: received a phishing email, maybe tldp list related
From: John Meshkoff ####@####.####
Date: 26 May 2006 04:59:57 -0000

Hi,
	Within minutes or an hour of sending my previous post with the subject
"Remove my document", I receive a curious email that looks like a
"phishing" mail, with "(discuss) Remove my document" in the subject
line (NOT from a tldp address, not even a forged one).

	That same subject line as my post may be pure coincidence, as it was
received so soon after I sent my post, but in case it's in any way
related to tldp list security, I wanted to give a "heads up". Should I
forward it as an rfc attachment to anyone? It has the following text
(also, not pasted here, it has text in another encoding that renders
gibberish):

"Thank you for your email.
This is ####@####.####
Please complete the verification so that I can receive your email.
¡°After finishing this verification,
you can be in my address book forever and won't need to do it again.¡±

Warning: you must confirm to deliver the mail, or it will be droped on
the 10th day!"

John

--
John Meshkoff                           johnm at sivakalpa dot org

"The whole world of truth is covered up in a pot of gold. But pull out
 the truth from the golden pot and show the world what is real truth"
                                   {from the 'Upanishads'}

http://www.sonic.net/~johnpipe/         http://www.sivakalpa.org/

	"Laws are supposed to protect people, not nanny them."