discuss: possible to build an extensible documentation ?

Subject: Re: [discuss] possible to build an extensible documentation ?
From: Jean-Christophe Helary ####@####.####
Date: 11 May 2006 13:27:00 -0000

>>  From what I have seen, Machtelt has tried to avoid distribution
>> idiosyncrasies the most possible so as to offer the reader a generic
>> introduction to linux.
>>
>> Instead of re-inventing the wheel (like all the manuals Alexey refers
>> too) it would indeed be a very good idea to offer a "comparative"
>> view of disctributions based on a common description framework.
>
> This idea seems rather interesting... could you please provide an
> example or
> stage a possible scenario?

No, I can't :) I am just saying that instead of rewriting yet another
Linux guide Alexey could use the existing ones as a base.

Now it is up to him to see whether the available guides fit his idea
of a module based guide :)

But since the LDP guides are all distributed under free licenses
recycling their contents is not an issue (that is also one of their
purpose after all) so it really is a matter of selecting the best
guide and "inserting" distributionss based modules.

Now maybe Alexey could make a more precise description of what he has
in mind ?

Possibly based on real contents ?

Jean-Christophe