wiki: Thread: [a plan?]

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: [a plan?]
From: Sergiusz Pawlowicz ####@####.####
Date: 17 Oct 2008 14:25:04 +0100

hi!

do we have any plan what to do?

:-)

s.
Subject: Re: [wiki] [a plan?]
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 17 Oct 2008 17:32:00 +0100

Sergiusz Pawlowicz a écrit :
> hi!
>
> do we have any plan what to do?

well, we have many :-)

right now the time for licence and so is off, I will update the pages soon

I still have to write to several old chaps

I also plan to rewrite the home page

and then we *have* to set a link on the tldp.org front page to the wiki!!

I would also like to have info about the mailing lists. the "info"
option return unknown. I need to be able to have the subscribers list
to know who receive the infos and who don't and to be able to remove
some unwanted mails we still receive sometime

What we have to discuss is do we need to set all the HOWTOs in the
wiki? I don't think so. For me the wiki is only a workplace for the
LDP, with the new HOWTOs.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org
From: "Sergiusz Pawlowicz" ####@####.####
Date: 19 Oct 2008 01:25:32 +0100

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 5:30 PM, jdd ####@####.#### wrote:

> I also plan to rewrite the home page

imho our home page should be replaced by wiki itself

why do we need static, not maintained page as frontpage?

s.
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 19 Oct 2008 08:16:01 +0100

Sergiusz Pawlowicz a écrit :
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 5:30 PM, jdd ####@####.#### wrote:
>
>> I also plan to rewrite the home page
>
> imho our home page should be replaced by wiki itself
>
> why do we need static, not maintained page as frontpage?
>
> s.

we need static because it's nearly impossible to mirror a wiki (think
at the history). The home page don't have to be changed often and why
should it be unmaintained?

we still have to document how is managed the present web site...

jdd

From: "Sergiusz Pawlowicz" ####@####.####
Date: 19 Oct 2008 11:01:55 +0100

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 8:14 AM, jdd ####@####.#### wrote:
> Sergiusz Pawlowicz a écrit :
>> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 5:30 PM, jdd ####@####.#### wrote:
>>
>>> I also plan to rewrite the home page
>>
>> imho our home page should be replaced by wiki itself
>>
>> why do we need static, not maintained page as frontpage?
>>
>> s.
>>
> we need static because it's nearly impossible to mirror a wiki (think
> at the history). The home page don't have to be changed often and why
> should it be unmaintained?

I think only howtos & guides documents should be mirrored,
there is no need to mirror navigation page.

> we still have to document how is managed the present web site...

it is just impossible to manage it :)
no access control, only ssh access, static html pages...

so my plan is:

1) create mirror list and subscribe all mirror maintainers
2) separate main page from documents
3) prepare mechanism which will serve document
to the nearest mirror.

what do you think about it?

s.