wiki: Thread: front page

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: front page
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 18 Aug 2008 16:30:27 +0100

martin and I did some guesses for illustrate the frontpage.

I think we should have three big icons.

* one (the old LDP logo?) to link to the static classic LDP web site
* an other (I like very much the wiki logo, full of books :-) linking
to the HOWTOs list (for visitors)
* a third linking to the "member" land, where most of the actual work
will take place.

I have no idea for this one :-(

I know somebody offered to design the LDP site, but before that, what
can we use (have to be free :-)

NOTE: I try to setup the LDP icon in the side (floating) bar. I'm not
sure this is the better place, may be it could be better to use the
wiki logo??

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org
From: Martin Wheeler ####@####.####
Date: 18 Aug 2008 20:21:45 +0100

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, jdd wrote:

> I think we should have three big icons.

Why not just one?  (The new one.)

I was just playing around, seeing where stuff might look good.
I'm not really fussed whether we use/include the old logo or not; THREE
sounds a bit like overkill to me.  (Although i thought using the old one
to point to the old site is a neat idea.)

Further suggestions, anyone?
--
Martin Wheeler - G5FM   +44 1458 83-1103 - Glastonbury - BA6 9PH - England
####@####.####   http://martinwheeler.net/   http://avalonit.net/
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 18 Aug 2008 21:34:53 +0100

Martin Wheeler a écrit :
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, jdd wrote:
>
>> I think we should have three big icons.
>
> Why not just one?  (The new one.)

my idea was having a home page (may be a simple html static page)
similar to this one: http://www.opensuse.org/

http://wiki.tldp.org/WikiStructure

jdd

--