docbook: Thread: About docbook conversion

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: About docbook conversion
From: "Svetoslav P. Chukov" ####@####.####
Date: 12 Nov 2006 16:20:28 -0000

Hello!
I consider to submit a howto to the TLDP so i am looking for a docbook
converting tool.
I used OpenOffise, AbiWord, aptocnverter but i got strange results.., I
got the XML docbook file but it is not convertible. When i make a
docbook via AbiWord i can not open it with open office. The same issue
is when i make the docbook file with openoffice.org.
But with the both programs i never could convert the file to the another
one via docbook2xxxx
I tried to convert the result docbook to the html ... no result. I used
docbook2html tool.

So, I am confused. What tool I have to use to have available and working
DocBook document?
There is a xml standart but i suspect the tools don't follow it.
Can anyone help/suggest me some working tool for producing and
converting docbooks?
I tried AbiWord, OpenOffice, aptconverter but with any of these ones i
got no compatibility with others.

Regards,
Svetoslav P. Chukov

Subject: Re: [docbook] About docbook conversion
From: "Saqib Ali" ####@####.####
Date: 13 Nov 2006 00:03:18 -0000

Try vex:
http://vex.sourceforge.net/
It is excellent for docbook editing

Or try one of the other from:
http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/index.php?action=viewtopic&id=19

saqib
http://www.full-disk-encryption.net

--
Saqib Ali, CISSP, ISSAP
http://www.full-disk-encryption.net
From: "Svetoslav P. Chukov" ####@####.####
Date: 23 Nov 2006 12:38:04 -0000

Hello!
I made a docbook document with conglomerate but i have some suspects
about it.
The document works fine with OpenOffice, Conglomerate and Mozilla
Firefox but i got this message in Firefox "This XML file does not appear
to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is
shown below."

What exactly it means? The firefox can not understand the file or just
the file is corrupted?
I work with that file just fine ... but this message is strange.

The document  header is this " <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD
DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd">
<article lang="en-US">"

Here is the document :
http://nhydra.org/BSD%20Sockets%20programming%20in%20C%20-%20HOWTO.xml

I will be appreciated if anybody knows some tool to check my document
for compatibility with the DocBook standard.

Regards,
Svetoslav P. Chukov