docbook: Thread: Appropriate tag for author's degrees or credentials

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Appropriate tag for author's degrees or credentials
From: David Horton ####@####.####
Date: 2 May 2005 02:31:49 -0000

Is there a DocBook tag used for an author's credentials?  For example
the "MD" in "Trapper John, MD" or the "PhD" in "John Dolittle, PhD."  I
looked at the tags associated with <author>, but nothing jumped out at me.
From: Y Giridhar Appaji Nag ####@####.####
Date: 2 May 2005 10:46:17 -0000

On 05/05/01 21:31 -0500, David Horton said ...
> Is there a DocBook tag used for an author's credentials?  For example
> the "MD" in "Trapper John, MD" or the "PhD" in "John Dolittle, PhD."  I
> looked at the tags associated with <author>, but nothing jumped out at me.

Honorific?  See http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/honorific.html

Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag
From: David Horton ####@####.####
Date: 2 May 2005 21:43:05 -0000

Y Giridhar Appaji Nag wrote:
> On 05/05/01 21:31 -0500, David Horton said ...
>>Is there a DocBook tag used for an author's credentials?  For example
>>the "MD" in "Trapper John, MD" or the "PhD" in "John Dolittle, PhD."  I
>>looked at the tags associated with <author>, but nothing jumped out at me.
>
> Honorific?  See http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/honorific.html
>
> Giridhar

I looked at this one, but it seems to be for prefixes to someone's name,
like Dr. or Mr., rather than something that is appended to the end.