docbook: Thread: LDP Docbook Graphics

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: LDP Docbook Graphics
From: ####@####.####
Date: 15 Mar 2005 08:09:21 -0000

I've been learning docbook for a tutorial I'm creating.  I have a
decent understanding of the xml, however I can't seem to figure out how
LDP includes the graphics next to certain sections, eg "pointing hand"
next to a note.

I've tried using the LDP DSSL, but while the general appearance mirrors
that of the LDP, the graphics are notably missing.  The
LDP-Author-Guide was helpful insofar as using the LDP DSSL, but I
couldn't find any mention of the "annotation" graphics.  I've read
about inserting graphics in docbook, but would much prefer to not have
to do this manually.  Am I missing something?

For reference, the Makefile I'm using to convert my xml to html is
attached.  (Also uploaded to http://arbornet.org/~eibwen/Makefile in
case attachments are scrubbed).

TIA!

Subject: Re: LDP Docbook Graphics
From: David Holroyd ####@####.####
Date: 15 Mar 2005 08:55:11 -0000

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 12:08:55AM -0800, ####@####.#### wrote:
> I've been learning docbook for a tutorial I'm creating.  I have a
> decent understanding of the xml, however I can't seem to figure out how
> LDP includes the graphics next to certain sections, eg "pointing hand"
> next to a note.

If I recall the DSSSL correctly, you need something like,

  (define %admon-graphics% #t)

There is a syntax for telling jade to create this definition on the
command line, but I forget what it is.

Hope that helps,
dave

--
http://david.holroyd.me.uk/
From: ####@####.#### ####@####.####
Date: 15 Mar 2005 13:22:09 -0000

>> I've been learning docbook for a tutorial I'm creating.  I have a
>> decent understanding of the xml, however I can't seem to figure out how
>> LDP includes the graphics next to certain sections, eg "pointing hand"
>> next to a note.
>
> If I recall the DSSSL correctly, you need something like,
>
>  (define %admon-graphics% #t)

That is correct. It is set that way (t=true; use them) in ldp.dsl
for HTML file creation.

There's another DSSSL item of interest:

(define %admon-graphics-path%
  ;; use graphics in admonitions, set their path
  "../images/")

which dictates *where* to look for the graphics.

--
Greg Ferguson
LDP volunteer / ldp(at)fergusontechgroup.com
From: "David Horton" ####@####.####
Date: 15 Mar 2005 14:00:05 -0000

If you want to do this using the XSL style sheets there is a file
called 'param.xsl' that has the option in it.

Look for a line like this:

<xsl:param name="admon.graphics" select="0"/>

To get graphics, change the "0" to a "1".

There are other parameters for graphics path and file extension
similar to the DSSSL.

Dave Horton