docbook: Thread: tag in chunked HTML output

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: tag in chunked HTML output
From: Saqib Ali ####@####.####
Date: 4 Oct 2003 04:00:26 -0000

Hello All,

Does the <link/> tag work in chunked HTML output?

I the following in my XML document.
<link linkend="digitsign">Digital Signature</link>

And the link is pointing to para in a different section.

When I create the chuck HTML, the link doesn't show up. However it works
on my installation of Cocoon.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Saqib Ali
---------
http://www.xml-dev.com

Subject: Re: tag in chunked HTML output
From: Bob Stayton ####@####.####
Date: 4 Oct 2003 20:13:53 -0000

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 08:47:37PM -0700, Saqib Ali wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Does the <link/> tag work in chunked HTML output?
>
> I the following in my XML document.
> <link linkend="digitsign">Digital Signature</link>
>
> And the link is pointing to para in a different section.
>
> When I create the chuck HTML, the link doesn't show up. However it works
> on my installation of Cocoon.

Yes, the <link> tag works in chunked HTML output.
I'm not clear what you mean when you say the link doesn't
show up.  Is the "Digital Signature" a hot link?
Does it give a "Not Found" when you click it?

To debug this, start by validating your document
to make sure your linkends match up with ids.
Then look in the HTML output at the link and
see if it looks like:

Then check inside mychunkedfile.html or whatever
the filename is and make sure the target exists

<a name="Digital Signature">

                                            email: ####@####.####
From: Saqib Ali ####@####.####
Date: 4 Oct 2003 23:05:06 -0000

Bob,

Thanks for the reply. "Digital Signature" does not come out as a hot link
after running it through openjade.

i know my document is valid, and linkends are proper, because they work on
my cocoon based docbook server. the link worx fine on the cocoon server.

Thanks.

Saqib Ali
---------
http://www.xml-dev.com

From: Saqib Ali ####@####.####
Date: 4 Oct 2003 23:20:41 -0000

Bob,
here is the
XML http://www.xml-dev.com/xml/Apache-WebDAV-LDAP-HOWTO.xml

and here is the renderation in cocoon:

http://www.xml-dev.com:8080/cocoon/mount/docbook/Apache-WebDAV-LDAP-HOWTO.html

Thanks

Saqib Ali
---------

From: Bob Stayton ####@####.####
Date: 6 Oct 2003 00:44:57 -0000

Your file processes ok with the XSL stylesheets.
Does Cocoon use XSL or DSSSL?
Perhaps the problem is with openjade and the
DSSSL stylesheets?  I can't help you there.

From: Saqib Ali ####@####.####
Date: 6 Oct 2003 01:18:30 -0000

Cocoon uses XSLT.

And OpenJade uses DSSSL.