docbook: Thread: Custom HTMl output

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Custom HTMl output
From: David Chow ####@####.####
Date: 19 Jul 2003 05:02:43 -0000

Dear all,

Is it possible to generate html output from docbook document that
include addition html code such as header, footer etc. . This is useful
for integrating document into wb sites. I've seen Redhat doing so and
also other sites does that. Any hints?

regards,
David Chow

Subject: Re: Custom HTMl output
From: Bob Stayton ####@####.####
Date: 19 Jul 2003 08:58:30 -0000

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 01:02:40PM +0800, David Chow wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Is it possible to generate html output from docbook document that
> include addition html code such as header, footer etc. . This is useful
> for integrating document into wb sites. I've seen Redhat doing so and
> also other sites does that. Any hints?

Sure, if you are using DocBook XSL.
There are several empty placeholder XSL templates
that you can fill in with the code of your choice.
See:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HTMLHeaders.html

                                            email: ####@####.####
From: Greg Ferguson ####@####.####
Date: 19 Jul 2003 17:05:07 -0000

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 00:54:46 -0700 Bob Stayton ####@####.#### wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 01:02:40PM +0800, David Chow wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Is it possible to generate html output from docbook document that
> > include addition html code such as header, footer etc. . This is
> useful
> > for integrating document into wb sites. I've seen Redhat doing so and
> > also other sites does that. Any hints?
>
> Sure, if you are using DocBook XSL.
> There are several empty placeholder XSL templates
> that you can fill in with the code of your choice.
> See:
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HTMLHeaders.html

DSSSL could do this as well. You can also do something
like what you mention via the use of HTML (CSS) stylesheets
specified within a published document (you specify the
use of HTML styles within the XSL or DSSSL stylesheets that
you use to format your document).

From: David Chow ####@####.####
Date: 27 Aug 2003 02:48:44 -0000

Greg,

>>On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 01:02:40PM +0800, David Chow wrote:
>>

>>>Dear all,
>>>
>>>Is it possible to generate html output from docbook document that
>>>include addition html code such as header, footer etc. . This is
>>>

>>useful
>>

>>>for integrating document into wb sites. I've seen Redhat doing so and
>>>also other sites does that. Any hints?
>>>

>>Sure, if you are using DocBook XSL.
>>There are several empty placeholder XSL templates
>>that you can fill in with the code of your choice.
>>See:
>>
>>http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HTMLHeaders.html
>>

>DSSSL could do this as well. You can also do something
>like what you mention via the use of HTML (CSS) stylesheets
>specified within a published document (you specify the
>use of HTML styles within the XSL or DSSSL stylesheets that
>you use to format your document).

I am using DSSSL at the moment. Can you give more clear instructions? I
don't want to simply change HTMl styles. I would like to produce a
custom header (prepend something) and custom footer (append something)
in the final HTML output. Thanks.

regards,
David Chow