docbook: About docbook conversion

Subject: About docbook conversion
From: "Svetoslav P. Chukov" ####@####.####
Date: 12 Nov 2006 16:20:28 -0000

Hello!
I consider to submit a howto to the TLDP so i am looking for a docbook
converting tool.
I used OpenOffise, AbiWord, aptocnverter but i got strange results.., I
got the XML docbook file but it is not convertible. When i make a
docbook via AbiWord i can not open it with open office. The same issue
is when i make the docbook file with openoffice.org.
But with the both programs i never could convert the file to the another
one via docbook2xxxx
I tried to convert the result docbook to the html ... no result. I used
docbook2html tool.

So, I am confused. What tool I have to use to have available and working
DocBook document?
There is a xml standart but i suspect the tools don't follow it.
Can anyone help/suggest me some working tool for producing and
converting docbooks?
I tried AbiWord, OpenOffice, aptconverter but with any of these ones i
got no compatibility with others.

Regards,
Svetoslav P. Chukov