docbook: Updated CSS for HOWTOs

Subject: Re: Updated CSS for HOWTOs
From: Saqib Ali ####@####.####
Date: 7 Mar 2004 03:22:59 -0000

Hello David,

Thanks for the response,

> * Margins and whitespace make documents easier to read.  A 5% to 10%
> margin would be nice and would equate to about 1/2 an inch to an inch on
> US Letter sized paper.  I would also suggest margins in boxed text like
> <programlisting>'s.

I added the margin to overall document. But I am not sure howto add margin
inside the <programlisting>. If anyone has any idea on how to do this,
please let me know.

> * A high contrast black text on white background would be easier to read
> than a colored text on white.  I would go high contrast on the body text
> and save the colored text for the headings and other things that need to
> stand out.
I changed the text color to black (#000000).

> * I would choose a different overall color scheme.  I am not an expert
> on color, but I picked up a few things from my dad the art teacher.  :^)
>   You might try a monochromatic or analogous color scheme.  (Here's a
> site showing some examples:
> http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-theory-basics.html)  Cordinating
> the heading colors, link colors and border colors for boxes can add a
> professional touch.

This will take some time for me to learn color theory. Anyone wants to
help me??? :)

Thanks.
Saqib Ali
http://validate.sf.net <---- (X)HTML / DocBook Validator and Transformer