docbook: MS Word to XML

Subject: MS Word to XML
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 14 Nov 2003 00:55:23 -0000

Hi all,

I've been exploring Windows (and Linux) solutions for transforming MS
Word documents into XML, preferably DocBook XML 4.2.

I tried XMLSPY, which can only be evaluated for 30 days, I've tried
Morphon, which is nice for working in XML, but I couldn't figure out
what to do with the MS Word doc.

When I've used my Linux tools to convert, I've ended up with an XML
file, but it's so awful thanks to all the junk in MS Word, it makes me
want to scrap it and just cut/paste everything in, writing the tags in
myself.

Anybody have better luck finding an easy way to convert?  Your
suggestions are most welcome, and the sooner the better.  I have a guide
that needs conversion to XML before month-end.

For the benefit of our reviewers, many of whom use Windows, please use

Much thanks!
Tabatha

--
Tabatha Marshall