docbook: Instant HTML for new authors

Subject: Instant HTML for new authors
From: Saqib Ali ####@####.####
Date: 13 Nov 2003 15:40:27 -0000

Hello All,

Since we are on the topic of making Document creation easier for new
authors and reviewers, I thought I should re-configure my Cocoon for easy
DocBook XML to HTML conversion.

New authors (like myself) dont usually like to setup openjade, onsgmls
etc, to see the output of their documents.

I have setup my cocoon installation such that anyone can submit a the URL
to his/her XML document, and view the output instantantly. Here is the
syntax to use the Cocoon:

http://www.xml-dev.com:8080/cocoon/mount/tldp/http://path.to.your/document.xml

e.g.
http://www.xml-dev.com:8080/cocoon/mount/tldp/http://www.xml-dev.com/xml/openjade.xml
or
http://www.xml-dev.com:8080/cocoon/mount/tldp/http://cvsview.tldp.org/index.cgi/*checkout*/LDP/howto/docbook/LILO-crash-rescue-HOWTO.xml?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/xml
or
http://http://www.xml-dev.com:8080/cocoon/mount/tldp/http://cvsview.tldp.org/index.cgi/*checkout*/LDP/howto/docbook/Apache-WebDAV-LDAP-HOWTO.xml?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/xml

Try it out, and let me know what you think.

Thanks
Saqib Ali
http://validate.sf.net <---- HTML/XHTML/DocBook Validator