docbook: www.jimweller.net recipe, was discuss@tldp.org: Re: Docbook, Xml, Jade:

Subject: www.jimweller.net recipe, was discuss@tldp.org: Re: Docbook, Xml, Jade:
From: William J Maurer ####@####.####
Date: 3 Aug 2003 14:33:30 -0000

I tried the www.jimweller.net recipe sorta. I downloaded everything to
build and install on a RH7.2 box. However; from reading the thread in the
"discuss" list, it sounded like RH8.0-RH9 was already good to go so I
jumped on a RH9 box and went straight to the section "5. Using the
Tools".

Using the test.xml test document from section 5:

openjade -t xml -d ./ldp.dsl#html /usr/share/sgml/xml.dcl test.xml
(See output below).

I got errors.

I "fixed" the "openjade:./ldp.dsl:20:0:E:" error by editing out the
comment block starting at line 20 from ./ldp.dsl. Two questions:
1> How do I get rid of the other two errors?
2> Should it be "-t html" to generate html?

Thanks for all your help,

Bill

OUTPUT FROM:

openjade -t xml -d ./ldp.dsl#html /usr/share/sgml/xml.dcl test.xml

openjade:./ldp.dsl:20:0:E: character data is not allowed here
openjade:./ldp.dsl:355:18:E: reference to undefined variable "$table-width$"
openjade:./ldp.dsl:320:28:E: reference to undefined variable "$verbatim-line-by-
line$"
Simple XML Sample�John DoeCopyright���2002 by John DoeThis is Simple XML Sample
version 0.01. It is good for nothing but processing.This legal mumbo jumbo will
stop evil.Simple XML Sampleby�John DoeCopyright���2002 by John DoeThis is Simple
 XML Sample version 0.01. It is good for nothing but processing.This legal mumbo
 jumbo will stop evil.Table of Contents1. About this book.1.1. Copyrights and Tr
ademarks.1.2. Purpose/Scope.A. References.Chapter 1. About this bookChapter 1. A
bout this bookChapter 1. About this book
      This book was not hard.
    1.1. Copyrights and TrademarksCopyright � 2002 John Doe1.2. Purpose/ScopeThi
s guide is tightly scoped with one purpose; to process.Appendix A. ReferencesApp
endix A. ReferencesAppendix A. ReferencesSome Hoity Toity Person[maurer@adsl-64-