docbook: re:Re: Re: index generation

Subject: re:Re: Re: index generation
From: Greg Ferguson ####@####.####
Date: 2 Apr 2003 20:53:23 -0000

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 12:43:35 -0800 Peter Jay Salzman ####@####.#### wrote:

> thank you!  progress is being made!  lkmpg.html has an index :), but
> lkmpg.ps doesn't :(.   makefile is at the bottom.
>
> is there a way to generate an index for the postscript version of the
> guide?
>
> the whole build process is kind of a black box to me, but it seems like
> ldp_print (or perhaps htmldoc?) may need to be hacked.   is that about
> right?

the whole "ldp_print" process uses the single-file (non-chunked)
HTML instance of the document and then produces PDF and PostScript
from it (using htmldoc). So if the index is part of the non-chunked
version, it'll be part of the PDF/PostScript version(s).

> btw, i really like the search utility for this list.  it's much better
> than what my LUG uses (lugod.org).  but is there a way to do searches
> with "and"?  something google-like:
>
>    "+index +postscript"

Not sure. Serek setup the lists (and the search that comes w/it).