discuss: Thread: progress update [toward resumption of publishing committed and submitted documents]

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: progress update [toward resumption of publishing committed and submitted documents]
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jan 2016 06:13:41 +0000

Hi there,

>  1. automation: Be able to (re-)process and (re-)publish all of
>     our existing documentation in an automated fashion.
>
>I will send a further update when I have something appreciable to
>say about step 1.  (I hope before the end of the week.)

I'm happy to report success in the first step of automatically
generating output tree documentation from the source tree.  I have a
(pair of) script(s) that can now process all 513 (curious number) of
our repository documents [0].

The first draft of tooling that satisfies step 1, automation is now
in my github.com repo (newest version not yet to tLDP repo).

>  2. deployment: Work with others (well, specifically, Serge) in
>     deploying any automation tools to our server at ibiblio.
>     Discuss here any changes to technical workflow of submission,
>     review and publishing.

This will need to wait until Serge returns, and anyway, I think
steps 2. and 3. should be reversed; deployment after preparation and
cleanup of the output tree.

>  3. cleanup: Simplify, revise and prune the output tree.

Next week, I will spend some time on cleanup.

Enjoy your weekends, all,

-Martin

 [0] With the exception of HOWTO-INDEX, which appears to be a
     generated file.

--
Martin A. Brown
http://linux-ip.net/
From: Serge Victor ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jan 2016 09:00:41 +0000

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Martin A. Brown ####@####.#### wrote:

> This will need to wait until Serge returns, and anyway, I think
> steps 2. and 3. should be reversed; deployment after preparation and
> cleanup of the output tree.

Yup, I am going for two weeks holiday without internet (yes, it's
possible, guys!), so I'll fix the list headers after my return. I had
to also temporary close edits on the wiki, as we had recently huge
spam attacks, which won't be possible to prevent without my constant
monitoring.

See you guys it two weeks time, I am really happy that LDP is being
reborn from ashes :)

Serge