discuss: Thread: Github process for updates

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Github process for updates
From: Mark Komarinski ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jan 2016 18:30:54 +0000

I think this is for Serge, but of anyone else can help that would be good.  I'll start by admitting to be a bit of a noob at github but I understand the concepts.  I was able to make a change, push it up, and get it accepted but there was a lot of poking through stackexchange before I got there and now I'm not sure what to do the next time I have an update...
Assume I'm at a Linux prompt and have a github account.  What's the process to submit changes?
Here's what I think I have:
git clone https://github.com/tLDP/LDPgit checkout -b MyNewBranch(Fork project via github website)git remote add upstream ####@####.#### push -u upstream MyNewBranch(Create pull request via github website)
After the request is accepted do I remove MyNewBranch and go back to master?
-Mark
Subject: Re: Github process for updates
From: Zhi An Ng ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jan 2016 18:44:37 +0000

Once the request is accepted you can remove your local branch, (there
should be a UI on github to remove your branch on github as well), and then
do a `git pull origin` when you're back on your local master branch.

Best,
Zhi An

From: Serge Victor ####@####.####
Date: 28 Jan 2016 00:56:52 +0000

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 1:31 AM, Mark Komarinski ####@####.#### wrote:

> Assume I'm at a Linux prompt and have a github account.  What's the process to submit changes?

You did it perfectly, Mark, even if by accident :)

S.