discuss: Thread: New Guide: Package Management Basics

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: New Guide: Package Management Basics
From: "J. S. Evans" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Jan 2016 20:19:41 +0000

First of all, sorry for the cross-post. I'm not sure if anyone is
watching the submit list, so I'm sending it here also just in case.  I
have uploaded a new guide to github for review and addition to the
site.

I'll write up a short howto on the Wiki for TLDP & Github tomorrow if I
have time.

Jason

https://github.com/tgeek77/LDP/blob/master/LDP/guide/docbook/Package-Ma
nagement-Basics/Package%20Management%20Basics.xml
Subject: Re: New Guide: Package Management Basics
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jan 2016 01:49:32 +0000

Greetings Jason,

>First of all, sorry for the cross-post. I'm not sure if anyone is
>watching the submit list, so I'm sending it here also just in case.
>I have uploaded a new guide to github for review and addition to
>the site.
>
>I'll write up a short howto on the Wiki for TLDP & Github tomorrow
>if I have time.

>https://github.com/tgeek77/LDP/blob/master/LDP/guide/docbook/Package-Ma
>nagement-Basics/Package%20Management%20Basics.xml

I believe that Serge already replied to you, however, I thought I
would add a note of reply.

If nobody else gets to a content and technical review of your
document by the end of this week, I will claim it and provide you
some feedback.

Thank you for your submission!

-Martin

P.S.  On an utterly trivial note, I did notice that your filename
  is 'Package Management Basics.xml' instead of 'Package-Management-Basics.xml'.
  Was that intentional?

--
Martin A. Brown
http://linux-ip.net/
From: "J. S. Evans" ####@####.####
Date: 28 Jan 2016 15:12:08 +0000

It was intentional but an unimportant detail.  I can rename the file and
re-push it to github.

Jason