discuss: RTC Quickstart Guide into TLDP?

Subject: Re: RTC Quickstart Guide into TLDP?
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 4 Mar 2016 19:36:49 +0000

Greetings Daniel,

>I'm just wondering if the Real-Time Communications Quickstart Guide
>would be welcome in the Linux Documentation Project?
>
>http://rtcquickstart.org
>
>The aim of the guide is to help people install RTC (SIP, XMPP,
>TURN) on Linux distributions like Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora.

I saw the discussion you had several months back with Rick Moen
about the licensing for your RTCQuickstartGuide.  I am curious if
you came to any resolution about this.

I have read through your document and find it very good.  I think we
would be willing to welcome it into our collection.  I have the
usual questions:

  * Has it seen a technical review from somebody other than
    yourself?

  * What is your intended license?  In terms of licensing, we can
    accept (without quibble) any of the following set (see Accepted
    Licenses):
      http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpWikiDefaultLicence

  * I would volunteer to perform a language review if all else has
    been met.

I performed a markup review just a few minutes ago and I have some
patches which correct several minor validation issues in your
document.  I can send these your way, if you like (via pull request
mechanism).  Let me know if you are interested in them.

Thank you for contacting TLDP,

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown