discuss: Some ideas for TLDP

Subject: Re: Some ideas for TLDP
From: Serge Victor ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jan 2016 00:32:23 +0000

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Rick Moen ####@####.#### wrote:
> Quoting Serge Victor ####@####.####
>
>> You can send it to github yourself or ask a friend for a favour :-)
>> When did you update your document last time?
>
> Perhaps upon my revising the former of those, I can just mail it to you
> -- or perhsps ####@####.#### is still a valid address?

Unfortunately, no :-( It's not valid anymore, I will put an
autoresponder there soon with some informative message.

LDP is not able to provide email to github gateway at the moment,
until someone volunteers of course.

> Just in case you ever are interested in a GitHub workalike that's open
> source and suitable for both small and medium-sized communities, I can
> strongly recommend GitLab Community Edition, which my firm has used for
> a few years in conjuction with Puppet and Jenkins to do configuration
> management and autobuilding.  (I expect I'll be deploying a GitLab
> instance of my own, on my home LAN, after my next site rebuild.)

It might be that github will be replaced by googs in future, but as I
stated before, I have no objections to use github's auth system, until
they use GPL git. If linux itself is maintained on github, it's more
than natural to keep linux documentation in the same place and get
some synergy.

> (So, I'm guessing you are not, actually a resident of La RĂ©union.
> I actually was curious about that, you know.)

Yes, I am located on the Random island Area51 north from Reunion.

cheers,
Serge